Here are some of the comments, but not all:
- Schools should not be used for daycare. They are for
- Check out the Finnish system. Kids play until they are 7
and then they are prepared to learn
- Your question was not clear. It cannot be answered with
yes or no.
- I think we force kids to grow up way too fast as it is.
Some of those kids are sill in pull ups and taking naps.
They'll be in school long enough!
- Maybe we could put expectant mothers in school and give them a
really early start.
- If parents decide to have children, then they should be prepared
to look after them and not pass them on to a school system until
they are old enough for meaningful learning.
- Fully disagree. Children at that age need love, attention
and guidance from parents not some stranger.
- Far too young to cope with being away from home or day care all
day. Let the little ones be little ...
- Some younger kids still sleep during the day.
Children will become irate and have 'melt downs'
- This space is too small for an intelligent response (Editor's
note: you can email in a larger response ... any length you
The issue of having children 3 and 4 in school generated
a lot of interest.
See related articles:
Controversy again with Bluewater School Board. Parents voices
make a difference.
Full-day early learning meeting with