Immerse yourself in quantum computing, robotics, the nature of
time, space exploration and the potential of green technology! The
full program of talks and panels for the Quantum to Cosmos Festival,
coming October 15-25, has just been released at www.q2cfestival.com.
Tickets will be available on Tuesday, September 8.
Whether you engage on-site, online or on TV, you can:
· Consider the future of physics with 10 of the world’s leading
researchers, sharing a single stage for the Festival’s opening
presentation “Quantum to Cosmos”
· Be part of the studio audience for TVO’s “The Agenda with Steve
Paikin”, broadcast live from PI’s soaring 4-storey atrium
· Learn how authors, innovators and scientists are “Seeing Science
Through Fiction” with host Lee Smolin and panellists Jaron Lanier
and Neal Stephenson
· Find out how they do it as Peter Diamandis, Founder of the X
PRIZE, shares his insights and reveals that “The Best Way to Predict
the Future is to Invent it Yourself”
The Q2C Festival scientists, journalists, authors and
innovators you will see on stage, and perhaps in the audience too,
· Cory Doctorow, Author, Activist, Journalist and
· Stewart Brand, President, The Long Now Foundation
· Jaron Lanier, Author and Computer Scientist, University of
California – Berkeley
· Jennifer Ouellette, Author of “Quantum Cats” and “The Physics of
· Neal Stephenson, Author of “Anathem” and nine other books
03/09/2009 09:26 PM
And it doesn’t end there! Details of the Film Festival,
Science in the Pub sessions, Physica Phantastica Exhibit and Cultural
Events will all be released over the next few weeks. To avoid missing
out on this and other announcements go to www.q2cfestival.com to join
our online community and sign up for regular email updates.
Tickets will be released in two stages:
1. Free on-site tickets for lectures, panel discussions and “The Agenda
with Steve Paikin” live broadcasts will be available Tuesday, September
2. Free tickets for “Science in the Pub”, the Q2C Film Festival, and the
Physica Phantastica Exhibit, as well as paid cultural event tickets will
be available Monday, September 14, 2009.
Full ticket details available online at www.q2cfestival.com/tickets. You
can also join us online anywhere and anytime with full access to all
panels and talks as they happen at www.q2cfestival.com.
Perimeter Institute makes every effort to ensure the scheduled
programming, however, there may be occasions when content is subject to
change without notice. The appearance of specific guests, artists, or
attractions is not guaranteed. Perimeter Institute reserves the right to
make substitutions and reschedule events if necessary.