The 38th Annual Rotary Home and Recreation Show drew crowds of people over the weekend at Southampton Coliseum.
Saturday’s attendance was more than 1,300 people while Sunday’s attendance increased by 200 over last year to almost 1,000.
When it came to vendors-exhibitors, the show was sold out with a waiting list.
In addition, the Food & Drink Expo with more offerings from local restaurants, was an extremely popular attraction. This year, the Expo also feature several groups providing music which, according to many, was “… definitely a great addition”.
Several vendors in the exhibit hall also said that they felt the show was worth the time and had acquired many potential future customers.
The show, presented by Port Elgin Rotary Club, has become a long-awaited signal for Spring with vendors, such as Sunbelt Rentals, that featured outdoor garden equipment and others featuring planting suggestions.
For larger views, CLICK on IMAGES
At the end of the event on Sunday, raffle tickets were drawn for several prizes donated by local businesses and organizations.
- Everest: Marjorie Baxter
- Gran Fondo registration: Marshall Dolbeck
- Hospital Lottery Ticket: Mike Smith
- Museum Family Membership: Shawn Dolbeck
- Saugeen Golf 2 prizes: Bev Johnston
- Brittany Welsh
- Sunset Blinds Gift: Patricia Struk
- Restaurant Gift Pack by local restaurants: Heather Briggs
- Sutton Huron Shores Realty: Marie Tester