The Breakers Swim Team sent eighteen swimmers to compete in the Ontario Team Challenge at the Markham Pan Am Centre. Despite the small squad, the Breakers finished 17th out of 35 teams. Several swimmers had top 10 finishes and there were five new club records set.
Jayson Horseman set a new club record in the men’s 15 & Over 1500m Freestyle with a time of 18:51.91 breaking Jamie Allain’s record from 2004.
Braeden Ashton broke the men’s 15 & Over 50m Breast stroke record with a time of 32.93.
In addition to the individual club records, there were three new relay records set. The women’s 15 & Over team of Rebecca Schropp, Hannah Kent, Michelle Wang, and Carlin Reid set a new 400m Freestyle relay club record. The men’s team of Jayson Horseman, Braeden Ashton, Braydon Reid, and Zachary McEwen set new club records for the 15 & Over men’s 400m Freestyle relay and the 400m Medley relay.
Braeden Ashton finished with a 1st in 50m Freestyle, 2nd in 50m Breast stroke, 4th in 100m Freestyle, 5th in 100m Breast stroke, 6th in 50m Butterfly, 8th in 200m Freestyle, and 10th in 100m Butterfly.
- Jayson Horseman finished 7th in1500m Freestyle.
- Matthew Bull finished 6th in 50m Backstroke and 8th in 100m Backstroke.
- Zachary McEwan finished 9th in 800m Freestyle.
- Brady Phillips finished 9th in 1500m Freestyle.
- Braydon Reid finished 3rd in 1500m Freestyle, 7th in 200m Freestyle, and 9th in 50m Backstroke.
- Carlin Reid finished 4th in 800m Freestyle and 5th in 200m Freestyle.
- Cassie Richardson finished 9th in100m Butterfly.
Honourable mentions to Emma Aldridge, Brooklyn Banks, Kimya Etedali-Zadeh, Kyra Martin, Tarrace Reinwald, Owen Richardson, and Audrey Von Hatten who competed at their first ever Provincial sanctioned swim meet.
If you know of a young person who may be interested in joining the Breakers Swim Team, including how you can join us for a free two week trial, please check us out at www.breakersswimteam.com