The Grey Bruce Health Unit has been actively working through the provincial three-phased vaccine distribution implementation plan.
The Grey Bruce Milestone Reached or in progress as of Friday February 26, 2021
- All Long Term Care Home Residents 1st dose
- All Long Term Care Home Staff and essential caregivers 1st dose
- Some 2nd doses given to Long-Term Care residents and staff
- All High Risk Retirement Homes staff and residents 1st dose
- High and Very High Risk Health Care workers – hospital setting
- Many Retirement Home Staff and Residents
There are 3 concurrent models of vaccination taking place in Grey Bruce:
– For client’s who are unable to come to a central location i.e. Long Term Care
– Public Health books these clinics directly with the facility – no individual booking system available
– Clinics in partnership with Public Health and Physicians/Pharmacists in a community setting
– Booking to be done directly with the provider – they will advertise and reach out to you
An online and telephone booking system to be available in the coming weeks.
– Large vaccination clinics for a variety of populations or a specific target population
– Online and telephone booking system available when needed – March 15th anticipated.
As we move through the stages of prioritization, our mass Hockey Hubs will be activated to function as mass immunization clinics. A planned mobile app and booking systems will be in place to support this model. Further details on this will be released in the coming weeks.
We are now at the stage of moving along the stages. Below is an anticipated timelines to share with the public on ongoing clinics that are taking place:
Fire and Police
-Week of March 1, 2021
Chronic Home Care Recipients and High/Very High Community Health Care Workers
Adults 80 years of age and older
-Starting week of March 1, 2021
-Large scale roll-out March 15, 2021
2nd Dose for Long Term Care Residents
-Week of March 1, 2021
Indigenous Community – on and off reserve
If you are in the age of 80+ category, your primary care provider will be reaching out to you to book your visit with them. There is not a way to book these vaccines with Public Health directly at this time, as your primary care provider will be administering these vaccines. Your provider will reach out to you directly to schedule these vaccines. Please do not call your provider to book – they will reach out to you.
If you do not have a primary care provider, the Grey Bruce Health Unit is working on a plan to ensure everyone will have access – regardless of having a primary care provider. Future details will be coming out once the plan is finalized, including an online and telephone booking system, as well as other available equitable ways to book appointments in many locations in Grey and Bruce. It will include a plan to ensure easy communication, telephone and online booking and other equitable services.
To stay up to date on current progress, please continue to visits the Public Health Unit’s website at: COVID-19 Vaccines (publichealthgreybruce.on.ca)