On November 22, 2020 at 9:37 a.m., Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received a complaint of a person running with an object, resembling a rifle, near a residence at William Street in Wiarton, in the Town of South Bruce Peninsula.
Police patrolled the area and set up containment around a residence at William Street.
Police were able to contact the parties inside the house, and both occupants vacated the residence without incident. No firearm was recovered.
As a result of this investigation, Grey Bruce OPP have charged a 22 year old male from South Bruce Peninsula, ON and a 30 year old female from South Bruce Peninsula, ON with:
- Possession of a Schedule 1 substance – opioid, section 4(1) Controlled Drugs and Substance Act
- Failing to comply with Undertaking, section 145(4)(a) Criminal Code of Canada.
Both of the accused were released on an Undertaking and they are required to attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on January 14, 2021.
On November 20, 2020 at 6:04 a.m., officers from the Grey Bruce Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a threats complaint at a restaurant on Highway 6 & 21, in the Township of Georgian Bluffs.
Police were advised that a customer had entered the store, prior to the restaurant dining room being open to the public. The person became irate when asked to leave, and defecated on the floor and then threatened an employee prior to leaving the business.
Police attended and located the suspect near the restaurant. OPP officers deployed a Conducted Energy Weapon during the arrest of the suspect.
As a result of the investigation, Grey Bruce OPP have charged a 43 year old male from Arran-Elderslie, ON with the following offences:
- Mischief – obstructs, interrupts or interferes with the lawful use, enjoyment or operation of property, section 430(1)(a) Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
- Uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm, section 264.1(1)(a) CC
The accused was released on an Undertaking and is scheduled to appear in Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on January 14, 2021.
On November 18, 2020 at 12:16 p.m., Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were dispatched to a possible vehicle fire, with a vehicle that was stuck in a swamp on Nawash Drive, on the Saugeen First Nation.
Police attended and located several illegal items inside the vehicle. The vehicle driver was arrested for taking a motor vehicle without consent.
As a result of this investigation, Grey Bruce OPP have charged a 26 year old, from Saugeen First Nation with the following offences:
- Take motor vehicle without consent, section 335(1) Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm, section 91(1) CC
- Possession of a Schedule 1 substance – Methamphetamine, section 4(1) Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Possession of over 30 grams of dried Cannabis in a public place, section 8(1)(a) Cannabis Act
The accused was held for a bail hearing in Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on November 19, 2020.
Anyone with information that can assist Grey Bruce OPP with investigations, call 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a secure web-tip at www.cstip.ca, where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.