There was excitement in Southampton on Friday afternoon (Aug. 1222) as smoke billowed from the roof at the laundromat on Goderich Street, a building that also houses the Dr. Stracey Chiropractic Clinic adjacent to the laundromat.
According to a bystander whose relative was in the laundromat at the time, it appeared that a dryer unit caught fire.
For larger view, Click on Image
Saugeen Shores Fire Service responded quickly entering both the laundromat and the clinic. “We had the fire knocked down quickly,” said new Fire Chief Ed Melanson on-site. “As yet we don’t know the extent of the damage but no one was hurt and we have advised the owner to contact his insurance company.”