NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
FOR THE OFFICIAL PLAN REVIEW
The Town of Saugeen Shores has initiated a review of its Official Plan and will hold a Public Meeting pursuant to Section 26 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.P.13, as amended.
The Town is seeking public input to this important planning initiative to discuss the revisions that may be required to the Official Plan.
DATE AND LOCATION OF PUBLIC MEETING:
Date: Monday July 20, 2020
Location: ONLINE: Due to social distancing, the public meeting will be streamed through a live webcast: https://www.saugeenshores.ca/meetings
The Official Plan is a statement of goals, objectives and policies to guide future growth, land use and development within the Town of Saugeen Shores for the next 20 years. The Town’s current Official Plan was approved in 2014 and has been subject to several amendments. A revised Official Plan will be prepared to replace the 2014 Official Plan and related amendments.
The Official Plan Review is a Town-wide initiative affecting all land within the Town of Saugeen Shores. The purpose of the Official Plan Review is to address local land use issues and meet the requirement of the Planning Act to conduct an Official Plan Review every five years to ensure conformity with Provincial plans, policies and matters of Provincial interest. GSP Group Inc. has been retained by the Town to assist Town Staff with the process.
The purpose of the Public Meeting is to provide members of the public with information about the Official Plan Review and how to participate in the process. This is an initial opportunity for public input to areas of the current Official Plan that should be changed or addressed differently in the revised Official Plan, and to participate in shaping the future vision and direction for the Town of Saugeen Shores.
Anyone wishing to address Council with respect to the Official Plan Review will be given an opportunity to do so through several options:
· Comments submitted to Council up until the time of the Public Meeting by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mailed letter to Town Clerk, Town of Saugeen Shores, 600 Tomlinson Drive, Port Elgin ON N0H 2C0.
· Comments left by voicemail until the time of the Public meeting at 519-832-2008 x120.
· Comments emailed to email@example.com during the live streaming of the Public Meeting.
· Comments phoned into Town Staff during the live streaming of the Public Meeting at 519-832-2008 x105 which will be summarized and communicated to Council.
· Questions and comments following the Public Meeting directed to Jay Pausner, contact information below.
· If you wish to discuss alternative ways to participate please contact the Clerk’s office at 519-832-2008 x.105 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional opportunities to submit comments are being made available throughout the process and will again be available at the Draft Official Plan stage. The Town has been reaching out to stakeholder groups to initiate the OP Review process.
If you are submitting letters, faxes, e-mails, presentations or other communications to the Town concerning the Official Plan Review, you should be aware that your name and your communication with the Town will become part of the public record. The Town will also make your communication and any personal information in it available to the public, unless you expressly request the Town to remove it.
For additional information or to be added to the Official Plan Review mailing list, please contact: Jay Pausner, Supervisor, Development Services, email@example.com, 519-832-2008 x120. Please visit the website: www.saugeenshores.ca
Dated at the Town of Saugeen Shores this 9th day of June 2020.