The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), South Bruce detachment charged a 46-year-old male after a police pursuit in the Municipality of Kincardine.
On Tuesday, May 28, 2019, just after 4:30 a.m., a member of the South Bruce OPP observed a motor vehicle travelling northbound on Highway 21 in Kincardine at a high rate of speed. The officer attempted to stop the speeding vehicle however the driver of the vehicle failed to stop for police. The vehicle entered a rural property on Concession 12 in Kincardine where the driver was arrested.
As a result of investigation, police have charged 46-year-old Thomas HANN of Georgian Bluffs Township, Ontario with the following offences:
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance CC 145(3)
- Dangerous Operation CC 320.13(1)
- Theft of Motor Vehicle CC 333.1 x2
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 CC 355(b) x2
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order CC 733.1(1) x2
- Fail to Stop for Police HTA 216
- Driving While Under Suspension HTA 53(1)
Anyone with information regarding this incident is to call the South Bruce OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a secure web-tip at www.cstip.ca, where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.