It’s New Year’s Eve, you only have a couple of hours to do all the things you will resolve not to do in the New Year!
Dear Friends and Comrades …
Happy New Year and a safe and prosperous 2019
I’m reminded that there are those who serve our country… that won’t be home for the holidays. Service men and woman stationed away from home across the country on ships and around the world.
The Legions sent over 2,400 red gift bags to locations like Latvia, Kuwait, HMSC Charlottetown, the Middle East, Europe and Africa. Filled with items that soldiers really appreciate. Things like playing cards, ear phones, and Tim Hortons coffee.
2018 was terrific for BR. 155
1. membership up 25%
2. something going on almost all the time
3. fantastic Remembrance week with some national recognition
4. $1000s of dollars donated into the community
Come join us at the Coliseum New Year’s Eve 6-9 for a free family skate sponsored by Branch 155. A great Family tradition.
The Legion is open New Year’s Eve – all are welcome !
THE Diner is opening Jan. 16 for breakfast and lunch!! Wednesday to Sunday 7:00-2:00
Wed. Jan. 2 General Meeting 8 p.m.
Fri. Jan. 4 Free Fun Swim 1 p.m. -2:30 p.m.
Sponsored by Southampton Legion
Sun. Jan. 6 Free Public Skate 2:30 to 4 p.m.
Sponsored by Southampton Legion
Behind Bars for Sat. Jan.12 has been cancelled.
Fri. Jan. 18 Comedy and Music Show with Jenny O’Reilly and Mike O’Brien 8 p.m.
Tickets $10.00, available at the Legion
Sat. Jan. 26 Steak Shoot 3p.m.
Sunday Jan. 27 Darts For Meat 1:30 p.m.
Tuesdays: TV bingo 7:30pm
Thursdays: Cards every 3:00pm
Thursday nights: Pickup darts 7:30pm
I love when they drop the ball in Times Square. It’s a nice reminder of what I did all year.
My New Year’s resolution is to help all my friends gain ten pounds so I look skinnier
Don’s nine indications of a New Year hangover
- You get it into your head that chirping birds are the Devil’s pets.
- Trying to gain control of the situation, you tell your room to “Stay still.”
- Looking in the mirror induces the same reaction as drinking a glass of fresh paint.
- The bathroom reminds you of the fairground cry, “Step right up and give it whirl!”
- You’d rather chew tacks than be exposed to sunlight.
- You set aside an entire afternoon to spend some quality time with your toilet.
- Your catch phrase is, “Never again.”
- You could buy a fridge on proceeds from recycled bottles around the house.
- Your response to “Good morning,” is “Be quiet!”
On New Year’s Eve, Bev stood up in the legion and said that it was time to get ready. At the stroke of midnight, she wanted every husband to be standing next to the one person who made his life worth living. Well, it was kind of embarrassing. As the clock struck – the bartender was almost crushed.
New Year’s Resolutions for my dog Storm
- I will not bark each time I see or hear a dog on TV.
- I will not steal underwear and dance all over the back yard with it.
- I will not chew red pens, because john will think that I am hemorrhaging.
- I will not roll my toys behind the fridge.
- I must shake the rainwater out of my coat BEFORE I enter the house
Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to.
May the New Year bring joy, peace and happiness to you and your entire family? Happy New Year!