Public meeting – proposed zoning By-law changes

Notice of Public Meeting
Proposed Zoning By-law Amendment
(Section 34, Planning Act, 1990)

A Public Meeting will be held on August 20, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the Town of Saugeen Shores Council Chambers, 600 Tomlinson Drive, Port Elgin ON, to consider proposed changes to the Comprehensive Zoning By-law.

The Purpose and Effect of the proposed Zoning By-law Amendment is to provide a housekeeping update to the Town’s Comprehensive Zoning By-law. The proposed changes will address a number of persistent issues and discrepancies that have been identified related to: driveway coverage, exterior side yard setbacks in the R2 zone, lot coverage in the R3 and R4 zones; allow for new small-scale office uses in the institutional zone; provide special regulations for Food Trucks in the CC zone, and for temporary second
dwellings during construction of new dwellings; and update the zoning for properties on Fenton Drive that have been connected to municipal services and correct a mapping error in the R1-70 zone.

For more information including information about preserving your appeal rights and the full details of the amendment, you can:

  • Visit the County of Bruce website under ‘Living Here’, ‘Land Use Planning’,and search under Saugeen Shores file number Z-40-18.46;
  • Visit the Bruce County Planning – Lakeshore Hub (address below) between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm,
    Monday to Friday;
  • Send a letter, Email, Call or Fax the department:
    Bruce County Planning – Lakeshore Hub
    1243 Mackenzie Road
    Port Elgin, ON N0H 1C6
    Tel: 226-909-1601
    Fax: 519-832-9000

Written comments about the proposed amendments(s) should be forwarded to same by August 13, 2018.
Please note comments and opinions submitted on these matters, including the originator’s name and
address, becomes part of the public record, may be viewed by the general public and may be published
in the Planning Report and Committee Agenda.


If you wish to be notified of the adoption of the proposed Zoning By-Law Amendment, or of
the refusal of a request to adopt the proposed Amendment, you must make a written request to the
County of Bruce Planning Department at the above address.