Eight new cases have been reported in the past 24 hours in Grey Bruce (4 Blue Mountains, 1 Owen Sound, 1 Kincardine, 1 Chatsworth, 1 Grey Highlands) bringing the total confirmed cases to 878 (includes 66 cases of Variants of Concern (VOC), 17 active with one case referred to another health unit).
· 56 active case(s)
· 383 active high-risk contacts
· 818 resolved cases
· 2 confirmed case(s) hospitalized in Grey and Bruce due to COVID-19
2 cases outside Grey Bruce
· 3 deaths
1 additional death related to a Grey Bruce Resident acquired the infection and treated in a separate jurisdiction outside of Grey Bruce
· 84 cases reported in health care workers; reports health care workers living in Grey Bruce and working both in and outside Grey Bruce
· 1 Facility(ies) in COVID-19 outbreak. Reported in Hospitals
Vaccine – Website – The Grey Bruce Health Unit COVID-19 Vaccination Program Plan
· Vaccine shipment week of April 5, 2021, 5980 doses received
· 32,248 total doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Grey and Bruce
Vaccine Progress April 5 (publichealthgreybruce.on.ca)
Those turning 60 this year or older, born 1961 or earlier, can make appointments through the provincial on-line booking system for COVID-19 vaccinations at https://ontario.ca/bookvaccine. Those without access to the internet can call the toll-free number 1-888-999-6488.
Clients without a Health Care Provider or a Health Care Provider outside Grey Bruce, should call the toll-free number 1-888-999-6488.