Are you looking for a way to celebrate Mother’s Day during COVID-19? Consider alternative ways to celebrate and connect with each other. It’s difficult, but it’s the right thing to do.
It is strongly recommended that households do not come together and visit at this time to stop the spread of COVID-19. Remember, social gatherings with 5 or more people are not permitted through an emergency order from the Government of Ontario. This order can be enforced and is punishable by fines. Gathering with anyone outside of your household, even if there are 5 people or less, is not recommended.
Mother’s Day celebrations will look different this year. Try these tips or share your own ideas. Connect with your family through phone and internet.
- Send an e-card.
- Write a letter.
- Call or video chat.
- Have an online brunch or dinner party.
Start a new tradition this Mother’s Day.
- Show your love and appreciation by adjusting traditions to stay home and practise physical distancing.
- Go for a walk or bike ride with your household.
- Practise physical distancing, even when you are outdoors.
- Make a new recipe at home.
- Deliver items or gifts safely. If you choose to deliver an item or gift to your mother or family member, consider the information from the Grey Bruce Health Unit on Delivering Items to a Senior or Immunocompromised Person and Considerations for the Public when Receiving Mail or Packages.