Women’s House Serving Bruce and Grey will be partnering with Bruce County to present its annual International Woman’s Day Celebration on Tuesday, March 8th, 2021. This year however, will be a little different in that it will be an on-line event.
“You will not want to miss the keynote speaker we have lined up!” says Michelle Lamont, Community and Fund Development Coordinator. “We’re working on some partnerships with local restaurants and businesses to bring you a wonderful event experience, which will include a Silent Auction and our annual Woman of Distinction awards. This year we are opening the nominations to two categories: Woman of Distinction Award and the Young Woman of Distinction Award, and we need your help to find these amazing individuals in our communities!”
“Over the years, there have been some phenomenal women nominated”, says Executive Director Lisa Owen. “It’s a beautifully heart-warming experience to receive those nominations and to celebrate those women for how they have touched the world. Please, if you know a woman of distinction, take the time to nominate her. There’s ample time still to gather the information and put together a strong application.”
Nominators are encouraged to submit a 200 word biography/outline explaining why this person should be recognized as a Woman of Distinction or Young Woman of Distinction, along with the Nomination Form (attached). The following criteria will guide the final decision.
-provides inspiration and motivation to others
-recognized as a positive role model through example, mentoring and education
-consistently displays leadership qualities
-promotes and supports equality, improved opportunities and choices in the community
-demonstrates vision, innovation or creativity and the courage to take risks
-advocates positive changes in society through the impact of her activities, particularly for women and girls
-must be a resident of Bruce or Grey County
-Note: all above criteria also applies for the Young Woman of Distinction award, but in addition, they must be to young women who are still in school, under the age of majority
Nominations for the annual Woman (and Young Woman) of Distinction Awards will be accepted until February, 15th, 2021 at 4:00pm. The winners will be contacted prior to the event to ensure they will be able to be in attendance, and they will be announced publicly on March 8th, at the International Women’s Day on-line event.
Send nominations by February, 15th, 2021 at 4:00pm to Michelle Lamont by mail at Box 760, Kincardine, ON N2Z 2Z4, by email at email@example.com or by fax at (519) 396-7800. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, preference is by email.
For any questions or concerns about nominations, International Women’s Day or Women’s House in general, contact Michelle Lamong at (519) 396-9814 ext.225 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This information can also be found on our social media pages or our website at whsbg.on.ca:
2021 Woman of Distinction and Young Woman of Distinction Award Nomination Form
1. Name of Nominator (person sending in the nomination):
2. Nominator’s Phone/email:
3. Name of Nominee (person you want to nominate for the award):
4. Nominee’s Phone / email:
5. How does the Nominee provide inspiration and motivation to others?
6. How has the Nominee been a positive role model through example, mentoring and education?
7. How does the Nominee consistently display leadership qualities?
8. How does the Nominee promote and support equality, improved opportunities and choices in the community?
9. How does the Nominee demonstrate vision, innovation or creativity and the courage to take risks?
10. How has the Nominee demonstrated that she advocates for positive changes in society through the impact of her activities, particularly for women and girls?
11. Is the Nominee a resident of Bruce or Grey County?
12. Is the Nominee being Nominated for the:
– Woman of Distinction Award (must be over the age of majority)
– Young Women of Distinction Award (must be under the age of majority and still in school)
Please provide any optional additional information (biography or outline) in under 200 words, explaining why this person should be recognized as a Woman of Distinction or Young Woman of Distinction (use extra pages, as necessary):