Women’s House Serving Bruce and Grey will be partnering with Bruce County to present our annual International Woman’s Day Celebration on Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020 however, the nominations are only open until February 14th.
The event will be held at the Lakeshore Recreation Centre in Port Elgin and, again this year, nominations are open in two categories: Woman of Distinction Award and the Young Woman of Distinction Award.
“Over the years, there have been some phenomenal women nominated”, says Executive Director Lisa Owen. “It’s a beautifully heart-warming experience to receive those nominations and to celebrate those women for how they have touched the world. Please, if you know a woman of distinction, take the time to nominate her. There’s ample time still to gather the information and put together a strong application.”
Nominators are encouraged to submit a 200-250 word biography/outline explaining why this person should be recognized as a Woman of Distinction or Young Woman of Distinction, along with the Nomination Form.
The following criteria help to guide in making the final decision:
-provides inspiration and motivation to others
-recognized as a positive role model through example, mentoring and education
-consistently displays leadership qualities
-promotes and supports equality, improved opportunities and choices in the community
-demonstrates vision, innovation or creativity and the courage to take risks
-advocates positive changes in society through the impact of her activities, particularly for women and girls
-must be a resident of Bruce or Grey County
Note: all above criteria also applies for the Young Woman of Distinction award, but in addition, she must be to young women who are still in school and under the age of majority.
Nominations for the annual Woman (and Young Woman) of Distinction Awards will be accepted until February, 14th, 2020 at 4:00pm. The winners will be contacted prior to the event to ensure they will be in attendance, and they will be announced publicly on March 3rd, at the International Women’s Day event at the Lakeshore Recreation Centre in Port Elgin.
2020 Woman of Distinction and Young Woman of Distinction Award Nomination Form
1. Name of Nominator (person sending in the nomination):
2. Nominator’s Phone/email:
3. Name of Nominee (person you want to nominate for the award):
4.Nominee’s Phone / email:
5. How does the Nominee provide inspiration and motivation to others?
6. How has the Nominee been a positive role model through example, mentoring and education?
7. How does the Nominee consistently display leadership qualities?
8. How does the Nominee promote and support equality, improved opportunities and choices in the community?
9. How does the Nominee demonstrate vision, innovation or creativity and the courage to take risks?
10. How has the Nominee demonstrated that she advocates for positive changes in society through the impact of her activities, particularly for women and girls?
11. Is the Nominee a resident of Bruce or Grey County?
12. Is the Nominee being Nominated for the:
– Woman of Distinction Award (must be over the age of majority)
– Young Women of Distinction Award (must be under the age of majority and still in school)
Please provide any optional additional information (biography or outline) in under 250 words, explaining why this person should be recognized as a Woman of Distinction or Young Woman of Distinction (use extra pages, as necessary):
Please send your nominations to Michelle Lamont by mail at Box 760, Kincardine, ON N2Z 2Z4, by email at email@example.com or by fax at (519) 396-7800. If you have any questions or concerns about nominations, International Women’s Day or Women’s House in general, please contact Michelle at (519) 396-9814 ext.225.