The deadline for submitting candidates nominations for the 2022 Municipal Election is quickly approaching.
Nominations will be accepted up to Thursday, August 18th between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. AND on Nomination Day, Friday, August 19th at the Municipal Office in Port Elgin (600 Tomlinson Dr.)
The nominations include anyone interested in running for Town Council or the School Board and must by filed with the Town Clerk.
To date (Aug. 9th), the following are the nominations received:
- Mayor (1 position) – Incumbent Luke Charbonneau
- Deputy Mayor (1 position) – Incumbent Don Matheson
- Vice Deputy Mayor (1 position) – Incumbent Mike Myatt
- Port Elgin Ward Councillor (2 positions) – Catherine Dianne ‘Mini’ Jacques
- Saugeen Township Ward Councillor (2 positions) – Incumbent Dave Myette
- Southampton Ward Councillor (2 positions) – Incumbent Cheryl Grace & John Divinski
- Bluewater District School Board (1 position) – Katie Lutz